Many business owners are tempted to try and do their own SEO in order to save money. However, this can be a mistake, as it is often difficult to do well without the proper training. Outsourcing your SEO work to a professional company can be a better option, as they will have the experience and expertise necessary to help you see results. Some entrepreneurs prefer a hybrid approach where they are performing some of the ongoing work, and hire a pro for other pieces – known as Done With You SEO.
What is Done With You SEO and how does it work?
Done With You SEO is a type of approach where the business owner is still involved in the SEO process, but they are not doing all of the work themselves. Instead, they are working with a professional SEO company to help them achieve their traffic and visibility goals. This can be a great option for businesses that want to save money by doing some of the work themselves, but still want the benefits of working with a professional.
It’s quite often the first step for an entrepreneur who has been trying to do all of their SEO work themselves, but are now ready to begin outsourcing some of their tasks. Usually when reaching this point, the business owner is looking at two options: either hire someone really cheap to do all of the work (and often get the results equal to what they paid …), or hire a more experienced agency that they can’t yet afford. Done-with-you SEO provides an in-between option that will allow the business to grow yet still meet affordable budget options.
One of the most common options – and one that several of our clients use – is that the entrepreneur will still write blog articles for their website, and our SEO team will handle the technical aspects of keywords research before the articles are written, and then adding the blog to the website and integrating all of the items needed for SEO.
Our SEO agency will also make recommendations based upon best practices for everything from article topics to distribution and website changes for improved functionality and user experience, providing guidance to the entrepreneur along the way.
There are many advantages to this type of hybrid SEO approach, including the following:
- You will learn about SEO – One of the benefits of working with a professional is that you will learn about the process and what goes into it. This can be helpful information to have, even if you are not doing all of the work yourself.
- You will save time – When you are working with a professional, they can handle the work for you. And they’ve already done all the research that you would have otherwise needed to do. This will free up your time so that you can focus on other areas of your business.
- You will get results – A professional SEO company will have the experience and expertise necessary to help you see results.
- You will benefit from their technical expertise – one of the hardest parts of SEO for anyone to learn is the more technical aspects, such as generating schema, condensing CSS, choosing server settings and upgrades. A professional can make recommendations for all of these technical aspects and even implement them for you.
The benefits of using a professional SEO company
There are many benefits to using a professional SEO company. One of the main benefits is that they can help you avoid mistakes that could be costly, reduce your website visibility, or even get your website penalized and not available in results at all.
When you work with a professional SEO company, they will have a team of experts that can help you with every aspect of your SEO. This includes keyword research, on-page optimization, content marketing, link building, and much more.
They will also be able to keep up with the latest algorithm changes and trends so that you can be sure that your website is always visible and ranking high in the search results. The algorithms update constantly – and you don’t need to be spending the amount of time required to stay on top of those updates … you have your own zone of genius which is where you need to be focusing the majority of your efforts for your business.
How to find the right company to work with
When looking for a professional SEO company to work with, it is important to do your research. You want to be sure that you are choosing a company that has a good reputation and that can deliver on their promises. Here are some tips for finding the right company:
- Do your research – There are many SEO companies out there, so you will want to take the time to do your research and find one that is a good fit for your business.
- Look at their portfolio or case studies – A good SEO company will have a portfolio of their work that you can look at. This will give you an idea of their experience and what they are capable of.
- Read reviews and testimonials – Take the time to read reviews from other businesses that have used their services. This can give you a good idea of what to expect.
- Get a proposal – Once you have found a few companies that you are interested in working with, get proposals from each one. This will help you compare pricing and services so that you can make the best decision for your business.
Tips for working with an SEO company
When working with an SEO company, it is important to keep the following in mind:
Communicate clearly – Be sure to communicate with the SEO company what your goals and expectations are. This will help them better understand what you are looking for and how they can help you achieve your goals.
Be patient – SEO is a process, and it can take some time to see results. All organic marketing is a long-term project, and it’s not realistic to have results overnight. Your results will grow over time and continue long past the day the work was completed. Be patient and trust that the company you are working with is doing their job.
Be prepared to make changes – In order for SEO to be effective, you may need to make some changes to your website. This could include things like changing your content, your website design, or your URL structure. Be prepared to make these changes so that you can see the best results.
SEO can be a great way to improve your website visibility and ranking, but it is important to do your research before choosing a company to work with. There are many SEO companies out there, so you want to make sure that you are choosing one that has a good reputation and can deliver on their promises. Be patient and prepared to make changes – SEO is a process and it can take some time to see results, but it will be worth it in the end.
If you are looking for an SEO company to help your business, contact us today. We would be happy to provide you with a proposal and help you get started on your journey to improved website visibility.
Vicky is the CEO and Chief Creative Strategist of Vicky Wu Marketing. She draws from 30 years of experience at the CMO level, the CEO level, marketing for Fortune 500 companies and multi-million and multi-billion-dollar organizations, PLUS strategies learned helping startups and nonprofits with limited budgets … now focusing on providing SMBs with effective and efficient marketing strategies – giving them access to the same level of expertise as the really big guys with deep pockets, that they may not otherwise be able to access.