Today’s Entrepreneur Interview is with Sarah Lyons who is sharing some of her #realestate wisdom and how she has grown her business so far, so fast. I’ve enjoyed watching her business grow from a brand-new real estate agent who had just received her license, to one of the top agents in the entire state of Texas!
Sarah is the #1 Century 21 Judge Fite Agent, #61 individual agent in Texas (not brokerage specific). She is a National Association of REALTORS 30 under 30 honoree, and has closed over 350 transactions. She’s also a busy mom of 2 sons, ages 10 and 8, and knows a thing or two about work/life balance.
- 00:20 Introducing Sarah Lyons, Association Broker, NAR 30 Under 30, Over 350 transactions
- 01:27 How a new family plan and a Groupon got Sarah started
- 02:50 How much different Sarah’s goals were when she started versus now
- 04:00 beyond putting goals in writing, this is how Sarah does goals
- 05:17 Marketing strategy, how you don’t know what you don’t know
- 05:38 How Sarah gets most of her clients
- 06:23 how you have to work when you don’t have anything to fall back on
- 06:50 how Sarah got her first client
- 07:27 she didn’t know what to do when she got her first appointment
- 08:00 why you don’t have to wait until everything is perfect
- 08:40 it’s about authenticity
- 09:20 how her marketing has pivoted after growth and with Covid-19
- 10:50 how she has been working remotely with buyers
- 11:35 putting “top agent” into perspective
- 12:35 how Sarah ranks in Texas against all the other agents in the state across all real estate companies
- 13:21 how her listing marketing has changed with the pandemic
- 14:05 what Sarah wishes someone had told her about business before she started
- 15:00 the importance of family time and a couple ways Sarah’s family makes this time
- 15:38 when Sarah doesn’t say I’m sorry
- 17:00 even a top agent can take a long vacation if you do this
- 18:00 her husband is her accountability partner by doing this
- 18:36 Sarah’s favorite tip to simplify your life and some of her favorite apps
- 20:30 marketing automation and how technology can make your life easier
- 21:32 when it comes to social media, do you feel Facebook is still the best platform?
- 22:00 what I noticed on the engagement rate on some Facebook pages with huge followings
- 22:50 choosing which social media platform to use depends on THIS
- 23:10 two types of marketing I recommend entrepreneurs focus on
- 23:35 the bad thing that happened to one of my own Facebook pages
- 24:11 the current opportunity available on Facebook
- 24:36 what you’re going to have to do to reach your customers on Facebook
- 25:05 this tip is good on any social media platform
- 25:28 does a real estate agent need this marketing strategy?
- 27:01 how can we best maximize Google for marketing without spending a lot of money?
- 27:45 some of the things you can do on Google My Business to market your business
- 29:00 one way Sarah used her Google My Business and something she checks regularly
- 30:17 why I recommend Sarah and how she can help you
- 30:45 how you can get in touch with Sarah
- 31:05 why Sarah refers clients to us for marketing
#entrepreneur #business #marketing #digitalmarketing #realestate #interview #success