Beginning Your Hashtag Keyword List
Your project will be to develop a document that will contain all of your hashtags that you will begin researching in this and the subsequent courses.
This document will be your best friend as you begin using hashtags more strategically in your social media marketing! Having this document will prevent you from having to research hashtags each time you want to use them, plus provide an easy way to copy and paste instead of typing the entire list of hashtags each time.
This is one of the MOST helpful documents that I use on a daily basis for all of my clients.
In this project, you will begin to draft the document. This same document will be used in the related subsequent courses, and well as when you begin doing your live marketing work with hashtags.
In subsequent courses, you will:
- Develop a document where you can store selected hashtags to use for your business.
- Save the document in the best places for practical use
- Share your document in the class project area so that we both give and receive ideas from others
1. Make a new word processing document in Google Drive, Dropbox, or another cloud-based application. This allows you to have access to the document no matter where you are.
You can make a copy of the sample document from here. Instructions how to copy are included in the document.
While it may seem that a spreadsheet may be an easier way to be able to categorize later, I know from experience that using a word processing document is the best way to accomplish what we will be doing.
2. Enter the three pieces of information in the document:
- Research and add additional hashtags
- Categorize hashtags based upon use or demographics
3. Post a link to your completed document in the class project area.
- Call to Action location (website, phone number, etc) – for ease of future reference
- Social media profile URL – for ease of future reference and help you focus your efforts
- One initial hashtag. This can be any word that first comes to mind when you think about your business.