In this episode we’re chatting with Elle Monus, Co-Founder of True Image Group. Elle builds businesses and specializes in branding and scaling high-growth startups. Her passion for style and branding started when she had the opportunity to build out the Styling function of a popular clothing subscription box. She how to balance a professional presence and femme fashion in order to wow inside and out of the conference room.
Find out more about True Image Group at www.facebook.com/trueimagegroup
Here’s some highlights from the interview:
- 1:40 styling who you are and where you want to be in life
- 2:15 what got Elle started in this business
- 3:45 why style needs to also be about your personality and lifestlye
- 5:40 their six-week course that covers style pain points
- 6:20 marketing issues when they first started and what questions they asked themselves
- 7:00 until you have knowledge of what you need to be doing before you can determine the budget
- 8:30 why businesses need to focus on
- 9:02 what she wishes someone had told her before becoming an entrepreneur
- 12:12 how their styling service happens
- 16:32 her favorite client
- 18:33 local or virtual services
- 19:42 how to reach True Image Group
- 20:28 some of the largest lessons I learned at my last marketing job
- 21:00 rebranding to no longer be viewed as a small mom and pop shop
- 22:00 my decision process when considering one of our possible marketing strategies
- 23:13 becoming official partner of the Dallas Cowboys
- 24:03 the marketing commitment involved
- 24:50 considering the philosophy of both organizations before the partnership
- 26:00 organizational skills and needs
- 26:49 does the brand need to reflect who the client is, or itself, or a blend of both?
Want to guest on our podcast? Fill out a podcast guest application.
Vicky is the CEO and Chief Creative Strategist of Vicky Wu Marketing. She draws from 30 years of experience at the CMO level, the CEO level, marketing for Fortune 500 companies and multi-million and multi-billion-dollar organizations, PLUS strategies learned helping startups and nonprofits with limited budgets … now focusing on providing SMBs with effective and efficient marketing strategies – giving them access to the same level of expertise as the really big guys with deep pockets, that they may not otherwise be able to access.